Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Operation Organization: Day 4

Operation Organization: Day 4

Today would be a great day to clean out the silverware drawer and fridge! Take a bath towel and dump your silverware tray onto it so you can scrub that sucker clean. How does a drawer that stores clean utensils get so dirty? If needed replace the drawer liner. There's some great alternatives to dollar store drawer organizers. Check out these ideas!















You can also go to your local hardware store and by some wood and do your own cuts if your handy. Handy I am, but short on disposable cash is also a trait I possess. So, check out this really low cost solution I found on pinterest! This person is oh, so organized. I can't wait to attain her neatness!
http://squarepennies.blogspot.com/2012/09/10-ways-to-organize-small-kitchen.html
For now be content with a quick drawer clean, toss out the stuff that got lost in the back that you forgot you had. (If you've done without it this long, chances are it's not that useful a tool.) Check that puppy off your list. A quick wipedown of shelves in the fridge and toss out yucky food. Trash day is tomorrow! While your at it might as well scrub down the outside real quick as well. There's a pile of cookbooks on top that need to be stowed!

So quick recap on what I've got accomplished so far. (and just a side note, but it's a wonder anyone reads this mess, definately a little scatterbrainedness going on here) I can see by my previous posts that I may have wandered slightly, and my opion is so far, organized, this project of a more organized life is not. But hey, it's a work in progress, how many blogs have I read that give me a step by step, I fall behind and then scrap the whole idea all together? Also, none of my projects will be extensive, as we are renters. Or as my awesome landlord calls us, homeowners that rent. I say awesome, because I owe him a few kudos. He's done a lot for this little house and us lately. Installed natural gas, so no more propane bill. Installed a new septic system. Went out last night and bought a router for our internet, and is sending a painter over to fix the ceiling in the bathroom. Great guy he is! I don't know how I can be so blessed, what more can a girl ask for. A wonderful husband that knows and does whatever needs doing when I can't (cooking, cleaning, laundry are all part of his repertoire), absolutely wonderful, basically trouble free, christian children (er, young adults), cool as cucumbers neighbors/landlord. Blessed! Like I said. Ok, Jack, reelling it back in here. Back on track... recap... right. Okay, so we have the house deChristmas'd until next year. Everything is stripped bare at the moment, awaiting my design talents to kick in. I have a blueprint of what I want to accomplish and approximately how long each project will take me. A quick cleaning is all I have accomplished so far, nothing too detailed. Tera must have read my blog because she did her clothes all on her own. (Great job sweetie!)  I haven't bought any spacebags yet, will be swinging by the store later to check it out. Getting a handle on all these clothes is a little daunting, and may take a little more time then what I had anticipated. So I'll break it off into smaller chunks to be accomplished with an appropriate deadline. Working on an actual written plan that I can share here. A smaller "definately will be able to do in a day" project is on the agenda for the day, along with 10 hours of work, chiropractor appointment, and quick stop shopping trip. Yesterday I was able to do my day one return to training for a 5k workout. One mile, 20 mins. Gotta start somewhere.

Today I want to say, when you're out and about in life, smile. One simple act of kindness can mean the world to someone you don't even know. May the love of God shine through you and around you all day my friend. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment