Monday, January 7, 2013

Operation Organization: Day 2

Ok, day too finally has arrived! WOOHOO! This is great, I'm checking out all of Ruby Gettinger's websites, blogs, and fbooks, and I know this woman is a friend! You go Ruby! You Rock!  You are a rock..an inspiration...a role model. I have one of her pics above my desk it reads, "I put my hand in yours and together we can do what we could never do alone..." I LOVE IT! It means so much. So let's get to doing, and leave those procrastination demons in the dust! "Petew" I spit on those demons and all the rest that try to get a clawhold on my life. You can't touch me! I am renewed! I am a child of God, the almighty! Get thee behind me you ole devil, I'm blazin new trails today!
 

Now, for a quick break to quiet my soul, and let my Lord reveal to me where he is so that I may join him and do great things! (Insert your daily prayer here).
Now we can forge ahead with our day in our right minds, bringing glory to God in all that we do.

Day 2 Operation Organization:

DeHoliday the house, and give it a clean scrub down. - Although I have one more Christmas to celebrate with family, my tree is done for. Pine needles litter the floor. Just the breeze of you walking by causes a few more to let loose their precarious hold of their branches. So, as there is no one coming to my house, I'm going to give it a good scrub down today. Laundry, sheets, vacuum, dust. Everything gets a shiny new coat of furniture polish and I'll have empty spaces that I can use for future operations. Day 3 will encompass all of our clothes, so I'll need big spaces in all the rooms. Get your boxes/garbage bags ready also for day 3- ragbag, toss, donate. Going to Meijer later too, going to see if they have spacebags there, cheap.

So I'm pulling up all the boxes from the basement, packing them carefully, cleaning things that need to be cleaned before carefully wrapping them up for 10 months. Then I'll start by gathering my cleaning tools, I have a nice big carrying case that holds glass cleaner, furniture polish, an assortment of rags, sponges, greenie weenies(those scrub pads),  and a few shopping bags to be used as garbage bags, etc. I start at one end of the house and work my way to the other. Set a timer in each, no more than 15 mins per room, gather stuff that doesn't belong into a bag, put trash in another, quick wipe downs of everything, vaccume, then on to the next room. There will be time later for a more detailed cleaning, but that's another day. Today is the day to get the whole house back to square one. So, ignore those piles of papers for now. When I get to a messy kids room. I strip the bed first. Then, everything that's laying on the floor will be picked up and put on her bed (she was told several times during the holidays to get her room clean, chances are gone now!) Although, dirty clothes will be removed and put in the laundry room. Remember the key is 15 minutes per room! No more! So don't get stuck, you can do this. (oh, and we won't be mopping today either) I have a cheapie little vaccum cleaner that is wonderful on barefloors. Mopping is for deep clean day for that room. Monday is never a deep clean day for any room!
Ok, get cracking and I will see you tomorrow. May God bless all that you do today in his glory!


1 comment:

  1. Let me say, this is the first day that everyone is out of the house, so that makes all the world of difference when I clean.

    ReplyDelete