Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Operation Organization: Day 1

Happy Holiday! Not not, but why not? Instead of putting ideas in the back of your head for next year, why not just get them done! I don't know about you but I'm still in the holiday spirit, now that all the stress of it is done, I can sit back, relax, and putter around.

Today, sigh, is my first day back to work. Christmas is winding down to a close until next year. I don't like that. I still have so much to do. I found these cute spoon paintings on pinterest and here's my rendition of them. So that's what I'm doing while I'm working. It's a quiet day, so I'll have to spread some activities out amongst my hours to stay alert. These are very special spoons to me. Bob's granny had them in a box in the garage with other assorted silverware. When we were cleaning out her house getting ready to sell it, no one wanted that sad little box. Over the years that box has dwindled down to a dozen or so spoons. So needless to say, (spoiler alert) These first spoons will be going to various family members.

Placed sporadically into my day shall be "Operation Organization: Day 1, The Game Plan"
The Game Plan shall include areas that I need to work on first. Like the basement, and the attic. Then there's the storage unit. So many of these days will be filled with different projects, shared from multiple sources. Blogs, closet organizing systems sites, pinterest, maybe some stores like IKEA, you name it! I would like to have this all buttoned up by summer, so I'll have to come up with a deadline as well. I think the first thing to tackle is my desk, and office files, billing, budget and the like for the year 2013.

So let's get hopping. Clean out that in box, do all your filing, throwing out, and tomorrow with a clean slate I'm going to set up a different system. A new filing system, and the way I handle my daily mail, and appointments. All with some beauty and inspiration. Here's some ideas from pinterest, Tatortots, and Jello, and even Real Simple. I'll get better at giving my bibliography at the end of my posts, but for now this will have to do. Start doing some research on your own and see what fun change can be. Results of my hard work will be posted tomorrow. Here's some ideas to get you started.
 http://dawnathome.typepad.com/by_sun_and_candlelight/2009/06/the-care-feeding-of-the-file-crate-system.html
love her system! Why? Because it's completely different from mine. Mine is broken down into accounts, The bank file has blank deposit slips, the insurance file carries the copies of insurance cards, and so on. I've been doing it this way for 15 years or so, and I think it's time for a change. So google some organization tips and get started!
Remember to thank God daily and ask for his wisdom and guidance in all aspects of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment